Purpose of the LPAC Framework
The Framework for the Language Proficiency Assessment Committee (LPAC) process includes clarification of the legal requirements for the LPAC and provides suggested forms to facilitate the training of LPAC members.
- Training Resources
- Training resources available for ESCs and LEAs
The forms included in the LPAC Framework are samples for districts to use for the implementation of a bilingual/ESL program. For individual forms, click on the appropriate section below.
The LPAC Framework is organized into the following sections:
- Establishment of the LPAC
- General English learner policies
- Procedures and assessment practices
- Decision-making for identification
- Parent notification and approval
- Establishment of Bilingual and ESL programs
- English Learner Services
- Bilingual and ESL program models
- Staffing and staff development
- Review and Reclassification
- Ongoing and annual review
- Reclassification and exit
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitoring of reclassified English learners
- Program evaluation
For technical support or questions about navigating the LPAC site, please complete and submit the form located on this link.