Each tab below highlights new information that has been added to the various sections of the portal.
For information about the Language Proficiency Assessment Committee and resources available, refer to the Frequently-Asked-Questions (FAQ) for English Learners and the Language Proficiency Assessment Committee (LPAC) posted at the TEA Bilingual and English as a Second LanguageOpens a new window Programs web page. The FAQ is listed under Program Requirement Resources.
The specific questions related to this topic are located in
- Section I. LPAC Introduction
- Section II. Identification
- Section III. Placement
- Section IV. English Learner Services
- Section V. Review and Reclassification
- Section VI. Monitoring and Evaluation
The TEA English Learner Support Division has developed specific LPAC Guidance for Deaf or Hard of Hearing English LearnersOpens a new window in conjunction with the TEA Special Education, including an explanatory video.Opens a new window
How and when are English learners assessed in Texas?
English learners take the same state assessments as all other children in Texas, currently known as the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness, or STAAR. For parent-friendly information on this assessment, visit the Texas Assessment website.
All English learners are also assessed using the Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System, or TELPAS. This assessment measures the progress English learners are making in learning the English language. For information on the STAAR and TELPAS, visit the Information on State Assessments for English Learners web page.
The following resources in English and Spanish provide parents with information on the Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System (TELPAS).
For information that explains the assessment, English Language Proficiency Standards (ELPS), Proficiency Level Descriptors (PLDs), and accommodations, visit the TELPAS FAQs for Parents in EnglishOpens a new window and TELPAS FAQs for Parents in SpanishOpens a new window.
For information on how parents can prepare their child for TELPAS, visit TELPAS Parent Tips in EnglishOpens a new window and TELPAS Parent Tips in SpanishOpens a new window.
The tabs below provide important announcements and access to TEA newsletters.
- Date: July 23-24, 2020
- Location: Marriott San Antonio Rivercenter
- Website: https://titleiii.esc2.net/ Opens a new window
- Date: April 28-30, 2020
- Location: Embassy Suites, San Marcos, Texas
- Website: https://www.acetx.org/ Opens a new window
Single Statewide Assessment for Reclassification of English Learners, Effective 2019-2020 School Year Opens a new window
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) replaced its Commissioner’s List of Approved Tests with single, statewide assessments for EL reclassification, effective in the 2019-2020 school year, as per requirements under the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), as articulated in the Title III, Part A section of the Texas ESSA State Plan, and pursuant to Texas Education Code (TEC) §29.056(g)(2) and Title 19, Texas Administrative Code (TAC), § 89.1226. Opens a new window
As it is the middle of the 2019-20 school year, TEA encourages District Test Director/Bilingual Director/Coordinator or designated District Administrator to follow these steps immediately to begin the ordering and implementation process:
Step 1: District Survey
Completed by Test Director/Bilingual Director/Coordinator or designated District Administrator
(https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/H3L7BXC Opens a new window) by Friday, December 13, 2019
- Completed by Test Director/Bilingual Director/Coordinator or designated District Administrator
- Step 2: TEA-Riverside Website
- Please visit the TEA-Riverside Insights website for ordering and training information, at: https://www.riverside-assessments.com/texas-assessment Opens a new window
Step 3: Ordering Materials
- Order forms are available for two test administration formats: online testing; and paper/pencil materials with hand scoring
Step 4: Training
- Prior to testing, districts will be required to attend test administration trainings
Riverside Insights’ customer service can be reached at (800) 323-9540.